A quick trip to the library for some light reading…no idea if I’ll ever make it through this stack! I request books online, and sometimes they all come in at once. I wish these books had come in paperback form…
- Rogues’ Gallery: the secret history of the moguls and the money that made the Metropolitan Museum by Michael Gross
- South of Broad by Pat Conroy
- The Omnivore’s Dilemma: a natural history of four meals by Michael Pollan
- Clean Food: a seasonal guide to eating close to the source : with more than 200 recipes for a health by Terry Walters
- The Kind Diet: a simple guide to feeling great, losing weight, and saving the planet by Alicia Silverstone
Can you sense a theme? I’d really like to improve my diet, eat simpler food and less meat, but I’m lazy. Really lazy. I rarely cook, instead I live off take out, bar food or whatever is in the fridge. Dinner is definitely my worst meal of the day. I’m usually out and about and grab whatever I can find. I eat Chipotle at least once a week (I cannot resist the guacamole!), pizza just as often, and have a weakness for club sandwiches. Or anything with bacon for that matter. I would really like to break the cycle, hence this month’s reading material. I’m hoping it will inspire and motivate me.